What Is A VIN Number
How To Locate A VIN Number
The VIN Number should be located on the dashboard of your car; where the windshield meets the dashboard (view it from outside). A second place the VIN might be found is on the inside of the Drivers’ side door.
The VIN Number can tell you the following details:
- The country that the vehicle was manufactured in.
- The manufacturer.
- Vehicle Type.
- Vehicle Features.
- Model Year.
- Production Plant.
- Serial Number of the vehicle (By sequence).
Overall, that’s quite a bit of information just by looking at a VIN Number.
In the 1950s, American Automobile makers started stamping serial numbers on cars and parts. this serial number became known as the Vehicle Identification Number, or VIN for short.
By the 1980s, the NHTSA (US Department of Transportation) decided that enough was enough: a regulatory committeem was put in place to work out a way for everyone to label their vehicles with the same standard, and so, a 17-digit VIN Number was established.
VIN History Reports
Each VIN is unique, and as such, a “record” is assigned to each VIN Number. Using companies like CarFax or VinCheckReport.com, you can look up that vehicle history information. For a small price, of course.
Incoming search terms:
- vehicle identification numbers explained
- According to the following VIN number name the manufacturer of the vehicle and the year the vehicle was manufactured
- who issues Vehicle Identification Numbers Explained
- vin explanation
- Vehicle id number same as license number
- vehcle i d number 1hyd1cgp165k407382 info
- vechile indentification number explantion
- sanford vin number explanation
- SAE vehicle identification numbers explained
- is vehicle id same as vin